Portrait Agreement, Studio Policies & Liability Release
- Portrait Studio Policies & Terms
Your session fee includes:
Pre-consultation to plan your session, in person or on the phone
Shooting coverage on your session date
Post-processing of your best images
Personal appointment to view and order your prints and products
It does not include files or printed products.
Policies & Terms
1. The session fee pays for the time of the photographer, post-processing of your images, and for your in-person ordering appointment. It does not include any finished portraits. The session fee is due at the time of booking your portrait session. Session fees are non-refundable, however with 48 hours' notice your session can be rescheduled in case of an emergency.
If your session is a free voucher or a model call, the cancellation fee will be equal to the cost of your session if you fail to reschedule or cancel in advance. If you simply don't show up on the day, you will also be charged for any makeup artist and/or stylist fees, if they were booked for you.
2. If you have a sick child on the day of the session please call to reschedule. If you try to keep the appointment, we will most likely request that you reschedule if we notice your child is sick. Sick or uncomfortable children do not like to be photographed and we know that you will not love your portraits nearly as much as if he or she was in good health. Rescheduling your appointment during your session may result in additional costs.
3. Please bring only the subjects to be photographed to the session. This is especially important with children, as I will need their full attention rather than having them looking at other family members or friends. Of course parents are always welcome! Also, the use of cameras and phones is not allowed during the session, as subjects get distracted and don’t know where to look, resulting in a lot of unusable photos.
4. You agree to hold harmless Fabrizia Costa, her representatives, employees and Costa Photography, from any dispute in the event you become injured during your session or while on the studio/location premises. Costa Photography and its representatives will not be held liable for any injury incurred by you or your family, or any damage or loss to your property, during the photo session or while on any studio or location premises.
5. You will view your portraits at a personally attended session, about 2-4 weeks after your session date. You will be asked to order at this time. Please make sure all decision makers are present, as additional ordering appointments may incur an extra fee. Once your order is placed in-person, an online gallery will be available for a few days for your family & friends. On expiration, your gallery will be archived. A gallery can be reloaded at a later date for additional orders, but a €200 minimum order will apply.
6. While I capture many images during your session, you will see only those images selected for previewing. I carefully render each image to ensure maximum artistry and technical perfection. Images with eyes closed, heads turned, duplicates, etc. will not be shown and will be removed from the archives permanently.
7. Due to the custom nature of the work, payment for your order must be placed in full and is subject to a 50% cancellation fee should you change your mind about an order after it is placed. Once an order is sent to the lab, it is deemed non-refundable. Payments may be made by cash or bank transfer. Convenient payment plans are also available.
8. Design work and custom graphics are carefully produced on our professionally colour calibrated monitors. If a layout proof is electronically sent to you, only font style, spelling and wording may be approved. Requests for reprints due to colour shift on emailed proofs will not be honoured.
9. Please allow 4-8 weeks for your order to be completed. Some orders may take longer. Your portraits are an investment and an heirloom that should not be rushed. You will be notified by telephone or e-mail when your order is ready for pickup. If you are unable to pick up your order, it can be delivered or shipped to you for an additional charge.
10. All ordered images are kept on file for a minimum period of 1 year (guaranteed) and usually longer. For re-orders placed after your Gallery expires a €200 minimum order will apply.
11. Images are for Client’s personal use only. Digital images may be used on social media, personal web pages, and personal blogs. No image may be reproduced, printed or altered in any way without prior permission. No image may be used for commercial purposes, including business web pages and blogs, without prior consent. The images displayed in the Client’s Online Gallery are only available for viewing. No image may be unlawfully downloaded, printed, stored, re-posted or used in any way without prior consent. Watermarks should not be cropped out.
12. The Copyright Act gives photographers the exclusive right to reproduce your photographs. Violations include, but are not limited to, making illegal copies, scanning, printing from home or downloading from our website. It is illegal to copy or reproduce these photographs in any manner without our permission and violators will be subject to civil and criminal penalties. Please understand, as the photographer I wish to maintain complete control over the quality, finish and presentation of the images and any alteration or reproduction made outside the studio may lower the quality of the images and damage my reputation for providing superior portraits.
13. Usage of Images. Fabrizia Costa is an artist and as such requests that the work she creates be allowed into art exhibits, displayed in her studio, website, blog, articles, social media, entered into competitions and other places where her work is featured regularly. It may also be used for display, advertisements, exhibits, sale or trade or other use as deemed appropriate by Costa Photography, without any additional compensation to the Client. The work is always showcased in the best possible way and will never compromise or jeopardize the photographer's and the client's reputation and privacy. Confidentiality in advertising is always maintained.
I agree that I have read this agreement and agree to comply with all policies and information included.